So every Christmas I make most of my gifts. Because I have the time? No. Because I am cheap? Partially. Because I’m completely nuts? Bingo! Anyway, this past Christmas I made these little monster stuffies for my kiddles.
The big ones stand about 18-inches tall and they all double as a pillow. They’re super sturdy and they’re customized for each kid.
Ruby is our resident princess, so hers is the pink one with hearts and bows.
Emma’s is the orange and blue one. She loves owls (hence the fabric) and clenching things (mostly hair but that’s another post altogether) with her fingers, while touching it with her thumb. Weird…but that’s why I put those horns on it – for her to hold onto.
Then Ben is a boy (not unfortunately named girl, duh) so his is blue and small. He was 9-months at the time and well let’s be honest, at 9-months you aren’t exactly a personality showcase so I wasn’t sure how else to customize it.
Okay so I just reread this and it totally sounds like I’m bragging. But it’s not just plain old bragging if you have a point, right? Well here’s the point.
You, my friend, stand a very good chance at becoming the owner of your own, customized doll!
Okay…stop screaming with joy already and I’ll tell you how to enter.
First, my motive: I’ll just say it. The point of this contest is to increase the number of people who visit F-Words everyday. And we ALL know that the only reason anyone wouldn’t have F-Words on their regular viewing list is because they’ve never heard of this blog…right? (Wrong.) Well, if you help me spread the word, I’ll help you be the coolest parent on the block when you give your kid a customized doll.
So here’s the dealio.
Contest Rules and Regulations
- HOW TO ENTER (Part 1): To gain an entry, you have to get someone (or lots of people, like I don’t know…your 300 Facebook friends?) to follow my blog. They can do so by:
- Clicking the “Email me your posts, Lora” button in the top right hand section of this blog
- “Like”ing F-Words on Facebook
- Following @Lora_Banks on Twitter
- HOW TO ENTER (Part 2): They must leave a comment stating that YOU referred them to F-Words. They can leave the comment:
- At the end of this post
- On the F-Words Facebook page
- Leaving a comment on my Twitter feed @Lora_Banks
- WHO IS ENTERED: You will both (the new follower and the referrer) get a ballot in the big-ol-bag-o-winners.
- GOOD TO KNOW DATES: We’ll do a random draw on Tuesday, June 26, 2012. The last day for entries will be Monday, June 25, 2012 at 11:59PM (ish).
- CURRENT FOLLOWERS: Everyone who already follows F-Words via any one of these three mediums will get an entry into the contest just by leaving a comment stating that you want to be entered.
- NEW RECRUITS: Even if you were referred to F-Words via this contest, once you are a follower, you can refer your friends to increase your chances of winning. And if you just happened upon this blog via search engine or whatever, you can still enter to win by referring your friends.
- HOW LONG UNTIL I CASH IN?: The winner will be announced right after the draw, and from there I will ask you to email me some details about how you would like to customize your doll. Your doll will be shipped within 2 weeks of our consultation.
Look at the joy/confusion on these children’s faces! Imagine, for the small price of inviting your friends to experience the absolute pleasure that is F-Words, this joy AND confusion could be yours!
Thanks and good luck!