I made a terrible discovery today. And while every fiber of my barely intact sense of morality is telling me to save you from it, I have decided to share this unspeakable truth with you. It is so evil, I dare not say it’s name. So I will share only it’s ruthless, devastating image. Brace yourself.
I mean seriously. How is a gal like me, going to run into a delicacy of this scale, and turn my head. Walk on by. Pretend I didn’t see it eyeing me. It practically asked for my number. (For the record, I would have given it.) Anyway, I don’t know if they’re from Heaven or Hell, but I know precisely where they’re headed…straight into my favourite brownie recipe.
I’ve been meaning to share this one with you for a while, but I try not to make these brownies too often, because it’s impossible to have just one. I have calculated them on a calorie counter, and they tap out at about 273 calories a peice. But sirs and ma’ams, I kid you not, they are the most scrumptious 273 calories you may ever eat.
Since I just anti-sold them with that last comment, I think it’s picture time.
They have that crunchy top, and the gooiest middle, then with those peanut butter melts…O…M…G. There’s not other way of putting it.
So, why don’t you go weigh yourself. Then waive good-bye to the scale because you won’t be checking in again any time soon. Grab your stretchiest jogging pants then grab an apron and a glass of milk, and pull out the following ingredients.
To make 24 of these irresistible discipline destroyers you will need:
- 1 cup of melted butter
- 3 cups of white sugar
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups of flour
- 1 cup of cocoa
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 package of the aforementioned devil treats, or 1 cup of chocolate chips
- Line the bottom of a 9X13″ pan with parchment paper. Don’t grease it, or flour it or try to substitute the parchment paper. If you don’t have parchment paper, just go buy some. Seriously…you’ll thank me later.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the butter in the microwave in a nice big bowl.
- While the butter is still hot, mix in the sugar, vanilla then eggs.
- In another bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa and salt.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet, just until they’re combined.
- Stir in the peanut butter melts, or chocolate chips, or nothing at all!
- Bake at 35o degrees for 35 minutes.
- Let them cool before you burn the roof of your mouth off trying to test one. For real. I’m speaking from experience.
- Run a sharp knife around the edge, then dump the pan upside down onto a cutting board. Peel off the parchment paper and cut them into 24 pieces of Heaven.
I hope you like them as much as I do. And for the love of everything, do not let anyone step between you and the pan…God only knows what could happen. Just hold it close until they’re gone. All gone.